What I’ll Miss About London, Part 4: High Streets
It won’t be anytime soon that I’ll walk into my local Super Target and be greeted by name, asked about one of the kids’ birthdays last week, and extended verbal credit when I discover I have left my money at home.
There is definitely something special about the High Street shops and shopkeepers that I have grown to adore about life in London, and will miss severely. They may be criticized for their general lack of creativity and charm, but in my mind High Streets offer their own unique personality and unmatched convenience for daily life.
And after spending four years living in less than a minute’s walk from the shops on St John’s Wood High Street – the necessary bank and cashpoint, everything-you-really-need grocery, an amazing bread shop, requisite Starbucks, quaint local library, stocked pet shop, expensive but first-class fishmonger, brilliant butcher shop, adorable boutiques, eclectic charity shops and more – well, let’s just say that getting into my new minivan to drive to the one of the neighborhood’s many superstores lacks desperately in charm.
But give me a few weeks, and I’ll be blogging on how much I love, love, love Super Target (which is the absolute truth)!
There is definitely something special about the High Street shops and shopkeepers that I have grown to adore about life in London, and will miss severely. They may be criticized for their general lack of creativity and charm, but in my mind High Streets offer their own unique personality and unmatched convenience for daily life.
And after spending four years living in less than a minute’s walk from the shops on St John’s Wood High Street – the necessary bank and cashpoint, everything-you-really-need grocery, an amazing bread shop, requisite Starbucks, quaint local library, stocked pet shop, expensive but first-class fishmonger, brilliant butcher shop, adorable boutiques, eclectic charity shops and more – well, let’s just say that getting into my new minivan to drive to the one of the neighborhood’s many superstores lacks desperately in charm.
But give me a few weeks, and I’ll be blogging on how much I love, love, love Super Target (which is the absolute truth)!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home