Tigger's Disneyland
It was a chilly, rainy Friday afternoon and the kids were restless, as was I, having had an entire day in the house with no playdates, activities, or time with our nanny extraordinaire, Michelle. So I spent the requisite 34 minutes it takes to get everyone bundled up and out the door, and we were off.
After some brief toddler debate, we settled on going to the library and headed north on the high street. Walking through the zebra crossing, Tigger suddenly yelled out from the front seat of the e3: “STARBUCKS!” in a very clear, extremely enthusiastic tone of voice. (Yes, he got smiles from several amazed and humored fellow pedestrians.)
There are two things that are surprising about this joyous declaration from Tigger. One is that he is just 16 months old, and kids his age are typically working on clear pronunciations of words such as “food” and “brother,” not STARBUCKS. The other is that I rarely visit the fine coffee establishment, and if I do it’s not usually with the kids, so the excitement the sighting generated is quite curious. You would think that I had just announced that we were going to spend a week at Disneyworld!
Pictured: The main intersection on our high street, with Starbucks distantly in view beyond the phone booths.
After some brief toddler debate, we settled on going to the library and headed north on the high street. Walking through the zebra crossing, Tigger suddenly yelled out from the front seat of the e3: “STARBUCKS!” in a very clear, extremely enthusiastic tone of voice. (Yes, he got smiles from several amazed and humored fellow pedestrians.)
There are two things that are surprising about this joyous declaration from Tigger. One is that he is just 16 months old, and kids his age are typically working on clear pronunciations of words such as “food” and “brother,” not STARBUCKS. The other is that I rarely visit the fine coffee establishment, and if I do it’s not usually with the kids, so the excitement the sighting generated is quite curious. You would think that I had just announced that we were going to spend a week at Disneyworld!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home