The Interview
Ever since Nana came in November, she’s been doing daily “school” with Tadpole – a curriculum with various themes each week, the learning of shapes, colors and letters, fun art projects, and of course lots and lots of reading. Tadpole LOVES his Nana, and he LOVES school.
Obviously, Nana won’t live with us forever (imagine that!) and one day I need to take over the teaching. Sudden change can be traumatic for a toddler, however, so I decided I’d begin slowly – by first mentioning Mommy teaching school, and then taking over a few days each week.
So Tadpole and I were excitedly chatting it up the other day about all the fun things he is learning, and I said to him, “Can Mommy teach you school sometime? Maybe I can do art and reading and games with you?”
Tadpole eyed me skeptically for several moments as if pondering whether or not I knew enough to teach him. Slowly he asked me, “Do you know what a pentagon is?” [Indeed, my toddler has started answering questions with questions.] I confidently replied, “Yes! It’s a five-sided shape!”
As if that one tidbit of knowledge was the complete key to teaching, Tadpole responded by saying, “Ok, Mommy, you can do school with me.”
Perhaps the shortest and sweetest interview I’ve ever had…
Obviously, Nana won’t live with us forever (imagine that!) and one day I need to take over the teaching. Sudden change can be traumatic for a toddler, however, so I decided I’d begin slowly – by first mentioning Mommy teaching school, and then taking over a few days each week.
So Tadpole and I were excitedly chatting it up the other day about all the fun things he is learning, and I said to him, “Can Mommy teach you school sometime? Maybe I can do art and reading and games with you?”
Tadpole eyed me skeptically for several moments as if pondering whether or not I knew enough to teach him. Slowly he asked me, “Do you know what a pentagon is?” [Indeed, my toddler has started answering questions with questions.] I confidently replied, “Yes! It’s a five-sided shape!”
As if that one tidbit of knowledge was the complete key to teaching, Tadpole responded by saying, “Ok, Mommy, you can do school with me.”
Perhaps the shortest and sweetest interview I’ve ever had…

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home